Beach Deep Creek Lake
Beach Deep Creek Lake state park boasts one mile of shoreline along Deep Creek Lake, where visitors can participate in fishing, swimming, and launching their boats. The sandy beach is perfect for families who want to swim, and the picnic area makes it easy to spend all day there. Deep Creek Lake State Park also has many hiking and biking trails throughout the mountain. Bring the whole crew over to spend the day here!
Located right on the central part of Deep Creek Lake, you can quickly stop by for a day to play and explore the area. The day-use site is popular with many locals and visitors and is a great way to enjoy your vacation.
The day-use area at Deep Creek Lake State Park encompasses the park’s waterfront and picnic areas. This area is open from 8 a.m. to sunset. Users and guests of this area are subject to paying the park entrance fee and must vacate the site by sundown.
Beach Deep Creek Lake Features include:
- Two guarded swimming beaches. Guarded beach hours are subject to change due to weather and staffing limitations. Swimming is permitted at your own risk when lifeguards are not on duty. Typical guard hours are 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. from Memorial Day Weekend to Labor Day.
- Beach shower house and changing station
- One mile of lakefront access
- Picnic tables with grills
- Three playgrounds
- Four picnic shelters
- Birch Shelter
- Hemlock Shelter
- Oak Shelter
- Tamarack Shelter
· Trailhead parking for the Beckman Trail
· Fishing Access
· The Canoe / Kayak Launch can be found at the main beach parking lot.
Weddings and other Special Events
Special events such as wedding ceremonies are often held within the park. While permitted, they must be scheduled in advance with the park office. To schedule your special event, please call 301-387-5563 or email our administrative specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Things to keep in mind:
- Day-use service charges apply to each guest.
- The park closes at sunset.
- Other visitors will likely be in the area.
- The park does not provide any tables, chairs, or decorations
- Flower petals are not permitted.